Custom Search

Friday, April 4, 2008

Tornado Weather is here! Hits Close to Home




With the severe weather we are having right now in SW Missouri,it makes me wonder why.Why we are having so many Tornado outbreaks and floods?I do live in what is called"Tornado Alley"here. I just read a news article here that one just hit my home town of Little Rock just a few minutes ago.The town i grew up in Cabot,Arkansas was hit pretty hard as well.It's just about 30 miles north of Little Rock.They have trees down,power lines,several businesses and homes hit.

Here is a video of the tornado caught on a police cruisers dash cam.


They just had a F-4 tornado hit there back in Feb. that tore through about 125 mile long path,killing 12,damaging at least 900 homes and 100 businesses. The month of April always suffers the most tornadoes on average. Tornadoes have always amazed me,that may sound crazy,but i have always wanted to understand them.They are the most violent,powerful storms on earth.Spring most always brings about Tornadoes. I do hate that they kill,hurt and destroy. We just had one hit here the other day in Buffalo,Mo. I was talking to my oldest daughter on the phone when she heard the sirens going off.She said "Go Mom"!Go to a shelter now!I guess i shouldn't take it so lightly i know. But i suppose when it's my time,i'll go anyway,no matter how. I often kid around with my children who live in Ga.,if i see one,i'll just grab on to the tail,and i'll see them in a few minutes lol.They holler"MOM"!

Have you ever seen the movie"Twister" starring Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton?It's about a group of scientists that try their hardest to discover what makes a Tornado tick.They made a device called"Dorothy"If you haven't seen it,do.You will be sitting on the edge of your seat all during the movie. I,have always wanted to do this all my life.I want to know what makes them"tick".I know,i'll never get the chance to,but i am,and will always be curious about them.I just wish i could have been one of them scientists. I guess maybe i watched too much Wizard of Oz growing up:)The greatest magical film ever made.


One day i'd like to ride along with Warren Faidley,the worlds most professional storm chaser.

I think,without these people we'd be in much higher risk.These Spotters,Storm Chasers,Tornado Chasers help to observe and report threatening weather.Their services are valuable,tho risking their lives. Then you have a group of people that are just thrill seekers,just doing it for the fun and enjoyment of doing it.This can be very dangerous i suppose.

I have found out within the last hour that all my family are safe,without power and lots of damage but not injured or hurt.

It just makes me want to understand these big monster storms more and more.

No comments: